I think i'm a goob

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Had a doe due last night that I've been waiting forever to get a litter from. She's a nervous nellie type doe so I ended up bringing her in the house.

She was nesting yesterday (two days early) so I kept her room fairly quiet.

But what do I do all night? get up and check on her. She finally had them around 230 a.m. NOT in the nestbox which is what I had feared, but we have four healthy little babies.

She's a polish doe. :)

I have not only made myself happy, but two others as well who've been waiting for kits from this doe. Too bad for them I have first dibs :)

Congrats on the litter! Sometimes checking is a good thing!

a goob is a slightly foolish person.

I felt slightly foolish for checking on a rabbit all night, and not being able to sleep for concern of how she would do kindling, particularly since she was IN THE HOUSE and what could go wrong?

lol, then I am a goob, too. You'd be amazed at the slightly foolish (and completely foolish) things I do day-to-day!

Congrats on both the litter and being a goob. I'm a fellow goob :)

When my favorite doe was due, I'd drag the dog and a sleeping bag to the barn and spend the night out there. My parents gave up on convincing me to quit and got me a cot for Christmas.

Back