I NOW HAVE SATINS!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billylilwigeon

Reaction score
Just got home from an exhausting round trip to Peoria, IL, and am now the happy owner of 4 black satins and 3 red satins. I am now a breeder/exhibitor again, and I couldn't be more proud.

Woo hoo! Congratulations! :D :clap: :rock:

Would love to see pics once they are all settled in- I bet they are beautiful!

Lauren

I'll post up pics when I get the chance. I had intended to take my camera along yesterday for that purpose, but realized about W. Memphis (100 miles away) that I had left it on my computer table.

They are actually pretty good sized. I bought a red buck, a black buck and black doe which are all very nice sized. Those 3 will tip the scales at around 9-9.5 lbs. each. The rest are mainly juniors and 6-8's, and every single one of them have deep loins, solid shoulders, and are hard as a rock. I found myself not really being able to choose between two red does (I was originally only going to get a pair) but the guy who sold them to me made me an offer I felt I just couldn't refuse.

And all totalled, I believe it was just short of 1,200 miles round trip, and leaving at 1 a.m. & returning at 11 p.m. was a marathon I won't soon want to repeat. To say I am tired right now is an understatement.

:up: :clap: I am glad you made such a great choice,
I know you will be able to develop a few great lines.
Blacks and Reds are about the best colors to start with.
You were lucky to find someone with such great stock
to give you a GREAT deal!
All the best with your new purchase.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

If you want to make a trip to Canada...I have a 11.5lb white Satin doe and a 9lb Red Satin buck that need a new home :mrgreen:

DevonW":2ucynw4o said:
If you want to make a trip to Canada...I have a 11.5lb white Satin doe and a 9lb Red Satin buck that need a new home :mrgreen:

If I lived closer to you, I'd probably take you up on it, but as bas as my hammies are hurting right now from sitting under that wheel for the better part of 15 hours yesterday, I don't think I could handle the trip from Arkansas to The Great White North, eh? :mrgreen:<br /><br />__________ Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 pm __________<br /><br />
HendricksHearth":2ucynw4o said:
1200 miles? Holy cow! Sounds like you are off to a great start. :)

Lauren

Yep, darn near 1200 miles. 575 there and 575 back, but in my situation, there is definitely a price to be paid to get top line breeding stock. There just isn't much of it around here.

The man I bought these rabbits from has some of the best reds in the biddness, as well as some of the best blacks. The way he culls his litters out really shows.

Latest posts

Back