I don’t know what to do about my rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avery

Reaction score
Hello I made a list of things that describe my pet rabbit. Her name is Camilla and she is not doing to well and I don’t know what to do. Can someone help me/give me advice please?

* Hasn’t been eating her food (only eats a little bit)
* Been like this since our other rabbit died (she was doing ok before but she has not been doing well for around 2 weeks) (other rabbit died in late November)
* Since her friend died she has been going to the bathroom outside of her litter box so her cage gets dirty quickly (she was never really good at using the litter box but it has gotten worse)
* I clean her cage once every week or at least I try to
* She gets a bowl of salad, 3 raspberries, 2 sticks of celery, and a big carrot for food at night.
* Gets a big thing of hay but she used to use it as a bathroom
* Hasn’t had pellets for a little while because I didn’t have the time to buy any but I just bought some
* I got Camilla from a friend at school and I don’t know how old she is
* She has been having a lot of diarrhea
* She looks like she is in pain
* She was limping and wasn’t using her left back leg
* Her legs and butt look really bad because she keeps peeing on them
* Shifts a lot when she is just sitting
* Haven’t been giving her a lot of attention because of work and school
* Doesn’t want to move
* Doesn’t struggle when I pick her up
* Sometimes she gets to have treats, peppers, or a part of a banana
* I feed her Timothy hay and I give her a variety of stuff in her pellets
* She hasn’t been drinking a lot of water so I gave her another water dish
* I cleaned her cage last on February 3rd but it is a mess now

I hope you took that rabbit to a vet or at least took the time to give her a very thorough look over. Your list of concerns is not a good. That rabbit needs care!

Avery, your post is very upsetting and I'm sorry I did not see this when you first posted it. Is your rabbit still alive?

I understand the pressures of school and work, but if you cannot make time to give your rabbit even basic care, it would be kinder to rehome her or euthanize her. Please don't allow her to continue to live in pain and misery.

I strongly suggest taking her to the vet. If the vet advises euthanasia, then you have your answer. If the vet suggests treatment, then at least you will know what to do.

Every pet owner is in a position of trust. Your rabbit depends on you to take care of all its needs. Please give her what she needs.

Latest posts

Back