I cooked and tasted my first rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Blue

Reaction score
And it was amazing! Had no idea what I was doing but it turned out great anyway. Decided to smoke it with mesquite. Whole family loved it. None of us ever tasted rabbit before. Even my mom, the woman who physically cringes over the idea of those cute baby bunnies getting eaten, came over and tried a piece for herself, and loved it. Thanks so much for all the help!!

I do have one question. I noticed some of the meat near the bone in the legs was extremely dark. Is that normal or did we screw something up?

Attachments

• 3148DF5F-1EF4-45C1-8358-4C07DF6DF342.jpeg
    3148DF5F-1EF4-45C1-8358-4C07DF6DF342.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
The meat on the hindquarters are usually dark than the loin and fron
Does it normally have a dark stripe of meat near the bone? The meat itself was white but there was a shocking dark stripe inside of it. I'll try to find a pic to show what I'm talking about.

Wow! That's a really impressive roasted rabbit! I've only braised, sautéed, and dehydrated parts so far, never roasted a whole animal.

What seasonings did you use, if you mind me asking?

Our new Zealand/ Californian cross are all very white meat, same color as chicken breast. No dark muscle in it

Wow! That's a really impressive roasted rabbit! I've only braised, sautéed, and dehydrated parts so far, never roasted a whole animal.

What seasonings did you use, if you mind me asking?
I like garlic, rosemary and whatever was in my frozen chicken stock. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you use.

Latest posts

Back