i brought them both home

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
i went up to get one mini rex buck and ended up with both of them coming home with me. Both have won in shows (she told me wich things they won i just cannot remember) but there was to few competitors so they didnt get any legs. i told hubby i brought them both home and he said "I know" I told him i was only bringing one hom but he expected both anyway. He knows me to well :lol:

now the main question. I want to breed in some black otter. How do i do that i know that the bucks come from a littler with black and broken back and some white

pastelsummer":a8ck21t6 said:
now the main question. I want to breed in some black otter. How do i do that i know that the bucks come from a littler with black and broken back and some white
pic of what you picked up and your black otter, please.
But I am thinking (after getting the pictures I should know for sure) That if you have a black and a black otter that should work. The cross back to the otter with one of the baby otters. You want to stick with otter x otter if you can.

Rachel

pastelsummer":ymq7hasu said:
i dont have a black otter yet i am looking for one. but a mini rex black otter seems hard to come by

Is that not a black otter MR in your avatar?

__________ Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm __________

pastelsummer":ymq7hasu said:
i dont have a black otter yet i am looking for one. but a mini rex black otter seems hard to come by
I don't know how far they are from you, but here is a rabbitry in Idaho that has otters.
http://www.rabbitrunrabbitry.com/
I am looking for more. ;)

Rachel

Since Otter Mini Rex are one of the more recently recognized colours in Mini Rex they are not as popular yet as other colours are. I've raised Otters for several years now, and they're honestly one of my favourite colours. Especially black otters, they have the intensity of a black Mini Rex, but they're not boring.

the black otter in my avatar is actualy a rex not a mini rex and she is sterile and my sisters. And RRR doesnt have any otter AND they are way to far for my budget right now. It would be get a rabbit OR make the trip.

pastelsummer":9365xuqk said:
the black otter in my avatar is actualy a rex not a mini rex and she is sterile and my sisters. And RRR doesnt have any otter AND they are way to far for my budget right now. It would be get a rabbit OR make the trip.

My bad. ;) I was having a hard time finding anyone that has mini rex in Idaho, let alone, otter. Sorry I wasn't much help. :(

Rachel<br /><br />__________ Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm __________<br /><br />
DevonW":9365xuqk said:
Since Otter Mini Rex are one of the more recently recognized colours in Mini Rex they are not as popular yet as other colours are. I've raised Otters for several years now, and they're honestly one of my favourite colours. Especially black otters, they have the intensity of a black Mini Rex, but they're not boring.

Devon,
Am I correct that if you do not have 2 otters you can take an otter x black and then breed the baby otter back to the other otter? I am asking because I want to make sure that I am informed correctly, especially since I plan to do otters in the near future.

Thanks
Rachel

DevonW":p62ofqg9 said:

Devon,
Am I correct that if you do not have 2 otters you can take an otter x black and then breed the baby otter back to the other otter? I am asking because I want to make sure that I am informed correctly, especially since I plan to do otters in the near future.

Thanks
Rachel[/quote]

Otter to black(Self) you'll get selfs (they do not carry otter) and Otters with one self gene. Otters with a self gene when bred together will give you selfs and otters (Otters will be 50% full otter and 50% otters with a self gene). Otters with no self gene bred together will give you all otters. Honestly it's not as complicated as it sounds.

If the rufus is starting to get to pale in Otters, or they're starting to lack belly colour I would breed in a Castor

I have an otter from a black and a grey (chinchilla) in JW :)..

I will NEVER understand rabbit colours ... too much else in my brain

Latest posts

Back