I brought home another rabbit :( :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysthelimit

Reaction score
I sold 2 rabbits and some fiber, so off to the feed store I went.

The guy I got my original meat (Pre-Rex)rabbits from and the chickens decided to finally move his operation out of his yard and the three neighbors next to him, and got a store front. He has Performance Feed and Manna Pro Grow and Show for cheaper than anything I've seen, Calf Manna, chicken food and hay, about a 10 minute drive from my house. And he even delivers!!!

To top it off, he got rid of his mixed breed rabbits and now he sells NZ Cals, Flemish Giants and some very nice Dutch. And of course, I could not help myself, because I had a bit of extra cash from saving money on feed. I took home a little Cal doe for almost nothing.

She is as sweet as can be, a meaty little thing, and at 6 weeks, she's twice the size of my 6 week Rex. Kind of scary. I have lots of plans for her.

Well, that's a nice Monday in every way! LOVE that you have a feed store so close and with great prices. Any pics of the new gal? (Not even giving you time to get her settled in before demanding baby pics, right?) :farmer2:

skysthelimit":6n4giq1o said:
The guy I got my original meat (Pre-Rex)rabbits from and the chickens decided to finally move his operation out of his yard and the three neighbors next to him, and got a store front. He has Performance Feed and Manna Pro Grow and Show for cheaper than anything I've seen, Calf Manna, chicken food and hay, about a 10 minute drive from my house. And he even delivers!!!

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

WHOO-HOO!!!

Sounds like getting feed and hay will never be a problem again! :p :p :p

skysthelimit":6n4giq1o said:
I took home a little Cal doe for almost nothing.

Wow, she looks pretty nice too! :)

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":6n4giq1o said:
she is a lot smutty

Isn't that just from being chilled as a kit? I thought that would molt out?

Congrats Sky! She's beautiful and I'm so jealous about the feed store being so close. That's awesome you get to save $$$ on the feed AND the gas to get there! LOL Cool!!

I am stoked, to say the least.

MaryAnn, that is the first thing I said, besides wow, she's much bigger than my Rex. She is very smutty. The Rex Cals are actually pale, oddly enough, and have been this whole winter. The smutt will molt out, but that's some serious pigment.
I will probably get a buck. At that size, I can cull at 6 weeks for dog food.

Good pictures-thanks! She is a beautiful little bundle of rabbity goodness.

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":1fhun73h said:
very nice.. she is a lot smutty

I had no clue what you were talking about, being a little meat mutt/crackerjack breeder ("there's a surprise in every box.") In fact, I was a little indignant that you were casting aspersion's on Sky's bun's character. I mean, she looked so sweet and innocent. Then I looked up "smutty" and saw the error of my ways. Thanks for that!-learn something new every day. After this winter I wouldn't be surprised if I'm all smutty. Ok, I will now keep my eyes & ears open, mouth closed.

Sky, that is frosting and that comes from being chilled when very young. She will molt out of that, nothing to worry about.

I am suffering from some very, very, very, veryveryvery bad rabbitosis, and awesome pics of an adorable sweetie that would do wonderful in a meat pen, which I hopefully will be doing next year, DOES NOT HELP!!!!!!!! :lol:

But I have come upon a problem that major rabbit enthusiasts (like ourselves) run acrost. (DUN DUN DUUUN!!!!!) Cage space. :cry: I have only a 5 hole rabbitry presently!!!! It's terrible.

Anyway, congratulations Sky. :) Let me know how she turns out for you.

Ramjet":14ga9asg said:
Rabbitosis Acquiritosis Strikes Again!!

Yes. And since I have no plans to show Cals, I don't "officially" have another breed, lol.
Cutting down my herd and waiting out the winter has had it's benefits. Now what I have left is even better than before, and I have room for new stuff.

Latest posts

Back