I almost forgot .

Help Support RabbitTalk:

Tom in Kingman

Reaction score
The other day we were discussing the price of hay here in Kingman and nearby . Well , something must have happened . Maybe fuel prices . 2 days ago I went into town and passed the "Gas and Gag" . Local store ,gas , propane , feed , hay etc. .The price has gone up to $13.99 a bale .That's a $5 increase in 6 months . That's a 125 or so pound bale . Anyone else seeing a spike in prices ?

eco2pia

Reaction score
there is always a spike right before they run out for the season...maybe that has somthing to do with it but that is kind of alot for around here.

Anntann

RabbitTalk Supporter
Reaction score
It does seem like the Western states end up paying a LOT for hay every year. All that shipping expense, I suppose. Fuel did go up a LOT (diesel has been hovering around $4.00+ a gallon for a while now).

that's a LOT of money for hay. :( I'd look for it to go down with the new crop of hay being done in a month in the southern states, but not a lot because of the fuel prices atm.

ridgerunner1965

Reaction score
wow. 14 buks a bale?we dont have any alfalfa growing right now but last year sold it for around 4$ per bale here in MO.this summer im gonna try and see if i can get them to eat bermuda hay as we have tons of it for nothing.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
Here in SE Tx I can get Coastal Hay for about 8.50 for a square bale. There are places more expensive, but this is the local feed store down the road. I like to spend my money there, so hopefully she will stay in business.