Hutches...I need your opinion

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfsnaps888

Reaction score
I plan on starting meat rabbit breeding and would like about 10 cages. I really like this plan and my husband wants to try to build this one but the more I am thinking about it, Is this a good idea for winter? I live in PA and the winters can be kind of harsh sometimes. What could I do to this plan to make it winterized? Or do you think I should do something different? I already have 10 rabbits right now that I am raising in a shed colony style so I MUST have a hutch built this summer. I need opinions, thanks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hVuXJOhbFk[/youtube]

I don't think you have to worry too much about the bunnies, but keep in mind that you will be doing rabbit chores probably twice a day, and you want to make things as pleasant for yourself as possible.

I was thinking about making something very very similar to this one but was worried about the harsh winters that we get some years. Interested to see how others would winterize one like this.

I am in NC mountains and I'm need to build new hutches also. Wondering the same thing? what's a good design to make cleaning easy but also protect buns from cold and predators?

Back