How to tell Black Tort vs. Blue Tort?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaMandy

Reaction score
So I've determined that the 2 lighter babies in my litter of Hollands are torts, but I'm not sure which color. They're both orange with blue/gray sides and bellies. They'll be 1 week old on Wednesday so they still don't have tons of fur on them. I'm just wondering how old they have to be before I can tell if they're black or blue torts. :popcorn:

I just had to wait 17 days for color to show up on my himi Dwarf baby. I was becoming certain he was a REW. :shock:

So, you're saying the really light colored babies in the first pics ended up being blue torts?

The body color of the blue torts are a light fawn with light blue-ish points. Black torts are more orange-y on the body, with dark brown/black points. At a week old, we should be able to tell. Maybe get some pics of them. :)

MamaMandy":2vrttqt9 said:
So, you're saying the really light colored babies in the first pics ended up being blue torts?

Yes.<br /><br />__________ Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 am __________<br /><br />
siddsaysgimmie":2vrttqt9 said:
The body color of the blue torts are a light fawn with light blue-ish points. Black torts are more orange-y on the body, with dark brown/black points. At a week old, we should be able to tell. Maybe get some pics of them. :)

Yes. Sadly, I sold them both, because one was a broken, and one was a buck. I did not want to breed broken back to her sire, and I didn't want another buck. So this next litter, I will definitely keep one.

Well, here are a couple pics. They'll be one week tomorrow. What do you all think?

Attachments

• Ivy's6dayolds.jpg
    Ivy's6dayolds.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,196
  • Ivys6dayold.jpg
    Ivys6dayold.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 2,196

Latest posts

Back