How to sell Holland Lops

Help Support RabbitTalk:

Reaction score
Hi all! We bought three Holland lops early this year (2021) from a farm, I'm not sure of their pedigrees. I don't think the seller showed her rabbits. Now we have have two litters of cute, fluffy kits and more on the way that I need to sell. I posted on Craigslist, but it has not been a very successful place to sell anything in my area. We are in northern Nevada, with close proximity to the bay area of California. Anyone know of a successful place to market/sell? I st getting into Holland lops, I'm still learning about coloring and lines and all that. I have no idea if they are show quality.

Attachments

• PXL_20210823_004520718.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210823_004520718.MP.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20210822_003728965.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210822_003728965.PORTRAIT.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20210822_003439027.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210822_003439027.PORTRAIT.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 2

ladysown

Reaction score
not show quality. It's honestly... just a hard time of year to sell bunnies. People are spending money on back to school supplies and outfits, not out buying rabbits. Give it till October and sales will pick up again. Hope you're not offended...but they do make good soup! :) Or dog food people will buy them for their pack. (please euthanize .before selling them for this though).

SoftPawsRabbitry

Reaction score
Best time for me to breed (I live in the Michiana area) is mid September, and sell Christmas bunnies, if I hadn't list my stock I would've bred 3 1/2 months ago because people pester me like flies to cows for rabbits the end of summer, have you heard of hoobly? It's a alternative to craigslist, also what section are you posting in? If you post in pets, your add is most likely to be reported, whereas farm and garden I get replies, I don't do Facebook but I also reach out to connections that do and they give my number to potential buyers! I've been breeding about a year and slowly building a "bunny web" of connections in the tri state area I'm in, someone took rabbits when I had overstock and they went from Washington state to new York! Building connections definitely helps, hope my advice gives assistance!

Reaction score
not show quality. It's honestly... just a hard time of year to sell bunnies. People are spending money on back to school supplies and outfits, not out buying rabbits. Give it till October and sales will pick up again. Hope you're not offended...but they do make good soup! :) Or dog food people will buy them for their pack. (please euthanize .before selling them for this though).
Thank you! Not offended at all. And it makes sense that back to school is a harder time to sell. We had so many people say they wanted bunnies when we brought our first generation home and now no they don't seem interested.

Reaction score
Best time for me to breed (I live in the Michiana area) is mid September, and sell Christmas bunnies, if I hadn't list my stock I would've bred 3 1/2 months ago because people pester me like flies to cows for rabbits the end of summer, have you heard of hoobly? It's a alternative to craigslist, also what section are you posting in? If you post in pets, your add is most likely to be reported, whereas farm and garden I get replies, I don't do Facebook but I also reach out to connections that do and they give my number to potential buyers! I've been breeding about a year and slowly building a "bunny web" of connections in the tri state area I'm in, someone took rabbits when I had overstock and they went from Washington state to new York! Building connections definitely helps, hope my advice gives assistance!
Good to know! Thank you!

Preitler

RabbitTalk Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! Not offended at all. And it makes sense that back to school is a harder time to sell. We had so many people say they wanted bunnies when we brought our first generation home and now no they don't seem interested.

here, it's also that Covid thing, lots of people got pets lst year and discover that they have no time for that now that things very slowly return to normal.
Also, wanting cute bunnies and getting some after realising that they are a 10+year commitment with quite some work every single day are different things. I don't take any "I want such a cute bunny" serious, I reckon it's just nice to play with that idea, and I wouldn't talk anyone into getting rabbits since they are high maintanence animals.

Latest posts