How to preserve organs after a dispatch

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diastech

Reaction score
I usually discard all organs and fur and keep only the meat while I dispatch. I then soak the meat in a brine for 24 hours before packing it up for the freezer. I have a family member who wants to have the edible organs. I don’t plan on seeing them for a few days. How to I preserve the organs and head to last that long? Or do I even have to bother? Should I just put it in a container and place in the fridge until I can deliver it? Will it go bad?

thanks for the help.

I would doubt it would go bad in the fridge unless you suffered a power outage. That said I preserve my organs by first soaking them in cool water to clean them off then bagging them by type and freezing them. the heads I don't bother cleaning I just freeze them. I also save feet and ears (packed together) for my dogs. and feed them frozen as a treat. Cats love those bits too.

Thanks for the reply. I did wash them with cold water and put them in the fridge. They ended up picking up the organs the same day.

Latest posts

Back