How to hang cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Her Farmstead Rabbitry

Reaction score
Show me how you hang your rabbit cages! I have several 4 hole cages that need to be hung and they are really heavy and they will be holding meat rabbits. The back of the cages will be screwed into wood. I want to be able to take them down to clean them occasionally. SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

Great question - many of us have been trying for years to figure out the best way to hang cages. My husband, clever boy, came up with the best way I've seen yet, which makes the cages easily removable and keeps them from being distorted by the weight of a meat rabbit and her litter or a cage full of growouts. It simply involves attaching PVC and/or metal pipe on top of front and back of each cage with zip ties.

There are photos and additional details explained here:

https://rabbittalk.com/threads/anyone-use-oil-drip-pans.36644/#post-355111
Additional note: the pipe method can work for more than just single cages. I currently have three banks of 4-6 holes each suspended in this way. Just use plenty of zip ties to attach the pipe, to distribute the weight across the pipe rather than the cage top.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back