How to Feed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JG3

Reaction score
I know many people feed their rabbits once a day, I think that would work fine with pellet feed because it would always be in the feeder for when they wanted it, but for those that naturally feed (as we plan), we want to feed twice a day, as is natural for a rabbit in nature to fill themselves early morning and evening. Is it as simple as just taking the amount you would feed them in a day and dividing it into two servings? We we will be feeding fodder, forage, unlimited hay... is it best to split the forage and fodder into two servings, or just feed it at once and leave only hay for the other feed? I tried searching but can’t find anything on feed timing and such.

I feed mostly forage whenever available, gather forage once a day and split it. I made a table with wire top in a shadowy place where it stores pretty well.
When I feed all at once they tend to pull out the better stuff and waste and soil a lot of the rest, I reckon hay feeder design could be optimized, but for me that works fine, since I give them way too much anyway. I offer a hay rack too, but they don't eat a lot of that when fresh stuff is abundant, they also usually get some hours garden time. Pellets are used as treat to get them back in their hutches.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back