How do you make a wire spring door lock?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
I thought I would try to make my own wire spring door lock out of a coat hanger for a rabbit cage........ at least give it a shot.

I can't find via Google any websites, or Youtube any videos, that show how and give directions/measurements.

Has anyone here made them and could share how you do it? I really won't want to pay the shipping costs to buy 3 when I think I could make them myself (and I'd to try).

Thank you.

Attachments

• doorlatch_ondoor.jpg
    doorlatch_ondoor.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 816
I also tried to make them, gave up after the fifth/sixth attempt. My father told me to use spring plate hangers and admittedly their working well.

Attachments

• 41V6ImY2vDL.jpg
    41V6ImY2vDL.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 772
glynallinson":1dhdbur0 said:
I also tried to make them, gave up after the fifth/sixth attempt. My father told me to use spring plate hangers and admittedly their working well.

Funny you say that. I made 2. The first one was perfect (and we are using it) the second one I somehow didn't make like the first and it didn't work.

The best solution I've found is those hooks that are at the end of dog leashes. They work perfectly and are secure!

Attachments

• Swivel-Eye-Leash-Snap-Nickel-Plated.jpg
    Swivel-Eye-Leash-Snap-Nickel-Plated.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 771

Latest posts

Back