Horses! any other RT equestrians?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
I'm very excited cuz I recently started riding lessons! I've basically had a lot of horse interaction for my entire life, pony rides as a young kid, stable volunteering for a couple of months, a couple lessons here and there, riding with friends, petting the horses at my aunt's place, and riding, grooming and playing with the horses when I was signed up for a therapy riding program.
But for about two years until now, it was rare for me to ride or even interact with horses sadly. I had been looking so hard for a place to even just brush horses! If there's a chance for me to be with horses, I take it quickly!
But recently, we found a stable not too far from where we live! Actually, 15-20 minutes away from my house!
I've started doing lessons every other Tuesday as of now. I love it.
The stables, Seacrest Equestrian is literally right on the beach. It's just a short walk down to the beach, which is great! from where the house and fields are set, you have an excellent view of the ocean! there's a little village right there too which is fun to ride around.
I'm so happy I found a place. I actually go for a lesson later today in a couple of hours, so wish me luck!

Any other equestrians/riders here on RabbitTalk? any body here own any? would love to hear your experiences!
If I can get any pics today of the stables, I'll be sure to post- I know you folks love pictures :lol:
( and I also know that every time I post and say I'll share pics, I never ever do. I'll try my best this time, I guarantee it. :lol: )

Have a great day!
OTB

I'm glad you found a way to be around horses again, olafthebunny!

I used to ride frequently when I was younger, and I was on the equestrian team in college... but it's been few and far between since then. I have a few friends that have horses, so when I visit we go on trail rides, but between work and home there's not always a lot of time for rides. I'm always happy to see the horses, though, and a lot of our neighbors have horses as well, so I get to see them riding around town fairly often.

Enjoy your lessons today! :)

Thanks Nymph!
That's nice! Was the Equestrian Team in college fun?
My lesson went really well! I did a ton of trotting practice on a lunge line, which was good! I was super sore for two days afterwards but I'm better now! It's funny that when riding you use so many muscles you don't use during a workout. But it's worth it!

olafthebunny":3dks1hu7 said:
Was the Equestrian Team in college fun?
It was! We didn't have regular team practice days (a lot of the members had their own private lessons), but when we got together at a local barn we'd take turns riding and practicing... and occassionally goofing/showing off. Mostly the team practices were to spend more time together... the private lessons got everyone ready for competitions. And not everyone on the team wanted to compete all the time either, so some of us spent more time helping the others get ready. I made some great friends in college through that club.

olafthebunny":3dks1hu7 said:
I did a ton of trotting practice on a lunge line, which was good! I was super sore for two days afterwards but I'm better now!
Yup, 1 hour trotting works your legs almost as much as the horse's! :lol:
I remember my trainer stressing the importance of "leg day" at the gym... less than fondly. :oops: :twisted:

Nymphadora":3ug35sx6 said:
olafthebunny":3ug35sx6 said:
Was the Equestrian Team in college fun?
It was! We didn't have regular team practice days (a lot of the members had their own private lessons), but when we got together at a local barn we'd take turns riding and practicing... and occassionally goofing/showing off. Mostly the team practices were to spend more time together... the private lessons got everyone ready for competitions. And not everyone on the team wanted to compete all the time either, so some of us spent more time helping the others get ready. I made some great friends in college through that club.

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to find friends through that. I find that horses can be a great way to connect with others.

olafthebunny":3ug35sx6 said:
I did a ton of trotting practice on a lunge line, which was good! I was super sore for two days afterwards but I'm better now!
Yup, 1 hour trotting works your legs almost as much as the horse's! :lol:
I remember my trainer stressing the importance of "leg day" at the gym... less than fondly. :oops: :twisted:

Ha ha! :lol: I find that this time when riding, since I've been getting into fitness more, I'm much stronger and able to control the horse better than before. and as for grooming..........I count that as a workout for my arms! ha ha!
I'll probs build up so more muscles after I've been doing lessons for awhile....but for now, I just have to prepare to waddle after each lesson :lol:

Back