Holland lop Peanut, or not?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

home*sweet*home

Reaction score
Well, I was sure we had a peanut (Ebony had a peanut her first litter). I am starting to think that maybe it is just a runt. It is not that much smaller than the others, and the back end seems to be normal, the eyes are a little bulgy, but not like the other one. Also it is an active little thing. It moves all over your hand looking for food, The tummy was not as big as the other bunnies this morning, so we brought in mom and laid her on her back while it ate. The thing was all over the place, one nipple for a bit and then moved. It took all of them and then finally seemed to calm down with a fat tummy. I do not rememer our other peanut being that active.

Here are some pictures. What do you think?

Image1-1.jpg

Image3-1.jpg

Image4-1.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6-1.jpg

Image7-1.jpg

I don't think so, it's head is shaped pretty normal... and its limbs too. Doesn't a real "peanut" have an larger head and legs that don't look quite right?

That is what my runts have looked like, I would say try to get it an extra feeding like you did every day. It will eventually catch up if it feeds regularly.

I agree, it looks normal to me, just a runt mabye. Just keep an eye on it, if it seems to be getting "behind" then do extra feedings for it.

alright ive had alot of peanuts and the first thing i look at is the head. the eyes are pretty bulgy and its ears are so short and on the way back of the head. which looks like a peanut to me. is it eating? most peanuts well actually all the peanuts ive gotten dont eat and jus continue to get boney.

not a peanut, just a runt. Peanuts get thin really fast and are usually gone in two-three days. Longest i've had them last was five.

Peanuts aren't active.

ladysown":2zh00fgt said:
not a peanut, just a runt. Peanuts get thin really fast and are usually gone in two-three days. Longest i've had them last was five.

Peanuts aren't active.

The record longest living peanut is one that lived about 18 months, he never got much bigger than a hamster. It is very rare for one to live past about 3-4 days old, although I once had one live five weeks.

LilFish_JWQueen(:":2fcl0zpv said:
alright ive had alot of peanuts and the first thing i look at is the head. the eyes are pretty bulgy and its ears are so short and on the way back of the head. which looks like a peanut to me. is it eating? most peanuts well actually all the peanuts ive gotten dont eat and jus continue to get boney.

It is eating, and is very active. We gave it an extra feeding this afternoon too.

Latest posts

Back