Holland Lop color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
We had this doe from a broken tort buck and a broken tort doe, do you think it's showable, what color is it?

Attachments

• hop1.jpg
    hop1.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 1,125
  • hop2.jpg
    hop2.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • hop3.jpg
    hop3.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 1,125
skysthelimit":118xyctf said:
looks like a chocolate pointed white

Shouldn't it have chocolate feet too? :? The little white snip on the nose makes me think the Vienna gene might be playing a part also.

hmmmm this an interesting one...It's hard to say. Can people get broken pointeds? Possibility?

Oh Bill who made your table? I've been eyeing it in all of your pictures lol

yes pointed brokens are possible! I am starting to think I have one. He looks like a broken sable point though.

MamaSheepdog":1s0rr4sl said:
skysthelimit":1s0rr4sl said:
looks like a chocolate pointed white

Shouldn't it have chocolate feet too? :? The little white snip on the nose makes me think the Vienna gene might be playing a part also.

Yes they can be broken. I have brokens that have white patches on their noses, and there is no vienna gene in my herd. The broken gene can cause spottting and even scattered white hairs on solid rabbits.

Thanks guys, we've had trouble with deciding colors on her. On the bottom side of her pedigree her mom is a broken tort with all tort and broken torts on the top and the bottom goes charlie broken tort, great grands are Broken tort and REW, great greats are broken tort x blue and broken sable point x blue. I know it can be hard from pics but both the breeder of the buck and of the doe thought she was a broken sable point.

Peach we bought the stand from the vendor at the Bartow show. I saw where someone else from the board had bought from him reently. I agree with what they said, I could probably build one but would wind up with as much in it as what we spent on it.

He is broken because he is out of two brokens. Most probably a charlie and not showable as he has white feet and dark eyes so doesn't fit the colour description for pointed or brokens.Probably a broken tort though, being from tort parents unless they both carry chin?

We decided to take this doe out this weekend, what's the worst they could do? DQ her? The 2 judges that judged her didn't have any problems with her. I talked to both after the judging and there is enough shading, it really doesn't show up in the pic, and she is a broken sable point. She got good comments in a really good big BJD class and finished in the top half under both judges.

Glad there was enough shading, it doesn't show up in the pict. She has a nice head.

Back