Holland Lop advice please

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foot

Reaction score
Last night or early this morning my "Holland Lop" the Black one had some babys :) ..I know that one Is dead :( and she had them In the area where she poops ( I was told not to put the nest box In this area ) so I did,nt I put It in the oposit side ..I took the nest box and put IT over the area where she had the babys together with the fur that she had pulled from her self.here.s where I need some advice from you good people.(1) should I take the dead one out ? (2) If I do will she feed them ?? and(3) as of yet the brken Orange doe has not had any babys so do I breed her again and If I do when ?? :?

Remove the dead kit

Rabbits don't mother their young like cats or dogs. She will only go in and feed them once or twice a day for about 2 minutes. If the babies bellies look like little golf balls then they are full of milk.

On what date was your orange doe bred? Rabbits can have their babies 27 to 35 days after breeding.

..12/30/2012 Bred. the same day as the Black one and I did not know they can deliver 27 to 35 days. :shock:

Birth is not an exact science, I think I read that someone on here had a doe hold out until the 40th day.

Have you palpitated her to see if you can feel them? Someone just posted a question on how to palpitate and a bunch of website links were given to her.

You can look to see if she is 'purple' down there, or put her with the buck but dont let him harass her to much and dont leave her in with him unsupervised.

Latest posts

Back