hi im new here and was wondering if i could get some help?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helabeast

Reaction score
i wanted to start showing rabbits so i got a pair of giant american chinchillas. the male is tucker and my female is fiona. ive tried my first breeding with the pair and we lost the whole litter but ive read that the first few can be messy. so i tried again about 2 months later and she has given birth this morning to one singular kit. she killed her last litter so im very cautious to leave the poor fella in their with her and was wondering if shelfing is the best option? along with will she have more? she had 5 her last litter.

she may have built up fat therefore only one kit. I'd be rebreeding her right away as her current kit could be weaned at four weeks and so just fine without mom. That will get you a bigger litter as well.

Is she taking care of the kit? Is it warm where you are as a singleton can have a hard time staying warm. Did she pull fur? Is she acting like she's going to take care of it?

she pulled ALOT of fur and seems to be caring for it i picked it up and not many wrinkles and a full belly she bites if you try to go near the nesting box. i would fear to breed her so early would it stress her out?

Back