Hi from central Maryland

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovemachine35

Reaction score
I'm just getting into raising these furballs for meat and fertilizer for the garden. I live in Severna Park. Hope to connect with other Maryland folks so I can purchase my buck and doe's and other stuff.

I'll be going to the Howard Co Rabbit/Cavy show in early April.

I follow Marjory Wildcraft and I'm watching all her rabbit videos.

Who else is in MD?

Welcome to Rabbit Talk, and enjoy. So you don't keep pet rabbits?😉

I have French Angoras, Dutch, Mini-lops, and mostly Lionheads. They certainly make mountains of fertilizer.
I've only been to the rabbit exhibits at the Montgomery County Fairs.

I have French Angoras, Dutch, Mini-lops, and mostly Lionheads. They certainly make mountains of fertilizer.
I've only been to the rabbit exhibits at the Montgomery County Fairs.
Here is the show in Howard Co on April 2nd: https://arba.net/wp-content/uploads/ninja-forms/19/Saturday-April-2-2022ROA3018-2.pdf

I know nothing of breeds, so that's why I'm going.

I've been told to get Californian, New Zealand, or Rex breeds for basic meat rabbits. I don't plan to sell rabbits, so I'm not into TAMU or Heritage breeds.

You can look up rabbitry farms via online in Md. Depending on what breed you are looking for you shouldn’t have a problem finding bunnies to get you started. I purchased my trio and three young females from one breeder in eastern shore. Then purchased my replacement bucks from a breeder in la plata. Make sure you have plenty of space for the fertilizer or storage plan. It will mound up quick.

I'm just getting into raising these furballs for meat and fertilizer for the garden. I live in Severna Park. Hope to connect with other Maryland folks so I can purchase my buck and doe's and other stuff.

Who else is in MD?
Welcome. I’m not in Maryland, but just north of you in the general location of Pittsburgh area of PA. Like you, I started a rabbitry for the same needs. I got started last August and couldn’t be more pleased with the benefits of having them has brought to our lives, both upon the table and in the garden which equates to the whats on the table, as well. I’m raising Silver Foxes and a mixed white of NZ/ Calif, although I am going to migrate my white herd to purealbino NZ simply because I have fallen in love with their look…o, those pink eyes! They look like jewels against the white coat, especially while kits. This is a fantastic group of knowledgeable people. Stick around, be active….you won’t regret it. As forums go, I was pleasantly surprised by how active and useful this place is in light of more “modern” social media options. Hands down, the experience here has been unbeatable.

Who else is in MD?
Hi,
I’m from Sykesville MD. I’ve been reading a lot about raising rabbits for meat too. How has your experience been?
I could use some help finding a breeding pair :)

Back