HELP!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBITGIRLFORTHEWIN

Reaction score
So one of my does is due today she has had litters many times. She had two kits on the ground! and didn't show any intrest in them. She has a nest box and had pulled fur in it like 3 days ago. they were cold so I am holding them in my hands and they are warming up now. I was waiting outside watching her, but she hasn't had any more yet. She is a big doe and has a really big belly. I know she has more so I gently felt her belly and it seemed like none of the others were trying to come out. Is it possible for her to hold the rest in and have them later? Should I take the rest away when she has them? What should I do? I am so confused any help will do. Thank you.

It is possible for her to have some, and then have more, yes.

I assume the kits are alive, I suggest you put them in the nest box for her to feed, which she might do later. If she does not, I don't think I could get food into a newborn well enough to make it live. I have tried, but they have always failed to thrive if they are under 2 weeks. If you have another mom with kits under a week old you can try to sneak them in with her.

It is possible for her to have some, and then have more, yes.

I assume the kits are alive, I suggest you put them in the nest box for her to feed, which she might do later. If she does not, I don't think I could get food into a newborn well enough to make it live. I have tried, but they have always failed to thrive if they are under 2 weeks. If you have another mom with kits under a week old you can try to sneak them in with her.
Yes, they are both alive. I'm not sure about putting them in the nest box because she is digging and I don't want them to get her or thrown around. I have another doe that is due today too.
Thanks for your help.

I have a different doe that was due yesterday and she kindlled today. I'm so proud of her she is a first-timer and pulled lots of fur. She has 7 babies. They are all doing well. I'm excited to eat rabbit!

Ps. She is a doe from one of Queen's past litters.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back