Help with this..tan/pattern?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here...I am am a breeder, just jumping into learning about genes...and it’s fascinating, but confusing. I have 6 different breeds..one is NZ. I have this 7 week old kit that I planned to keep due to her colour..but, now that I’ve been reading up, and see she might molt into a yellow...not that I don’t like a yellow..but, I don’t think it will be a big seller in my farm community.Anyways, at this point she is a tan/patterned..but not pink eyes...can you guys help me...do I keep her? Or sell her to someone who would appreciate her unique colour more than a breeder who needs splashy colours?

Ugh..I just tried to post her pictures but it told me the picture had too many pixels..how do I change that? I’m a novice at computer stuff..ugh again!!

you are in a farming community and this kit is a yellow one? From a new Zealand rabbit breeding?
For meat people, colour doesn't really matter, type does.
if she meets a good NZ type, then keep her. :)

If she's Truly a "TAN" pattern like otter or silver marten she's not a NZ as they don't carry that patterning.

If she's tan colour as is a yellowy, brown, orangeish colour, you probably mixed colours and then you can get all kinds of funky colours. mostly chestnut, black, and greys, but if you have reds mixed in.. oranges, tans etcs.

Well..she turned out to be a black tort..I think the mom had some Flemish in her. But I sold all my..well, not quite yet, but I’m done with all the meat breeds..turned this into an actual Rabbitry...learning VERY FAST...TRYING TO! I’ll be posting more about my big adventures....thanks for the help..geez the uploading thing for pictures is impossible!

Latest posts

Back