Help with Chocolate

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how old are the young'ns in the pics? just curious. i dont know colors well but they all look purty :)

i have (booted?) chocolate pair i'm gonna breed that are MR/dutch. if i get some nice MR type and fur that are chocolates i wouldnt mind sellin ya some if you wanted em. though the pair is only about 2months old now so it would be a while.

interesting thread though :)

In those pictures they are just over 8 weeks old. I'll have to post new pictures for you because they change color week by week. So they don't look the same now as they did in those pictures.

Strange.

I'm kinda thinking some are otter now and not agouti. ;) I'm new to all this color guessing so I honestly don't know for sure. The only thing I do know for sure is 5 are female and 1 is male. LOL

MKirst":8ferj1lz said:
If it's mini rex - I need a buck.

I currently have adult 4 mini rex does, 5 baby mini rex does and 1 baby buck. I must get a broken tri or broken red mini rex buck to continue with that project.

Poor John needs a doe, maybe I should just look for a broken chocolate Standard Rex doe and do the chocolates with John instead of with the mini rex.

That way I'm only looking for 1 mini rex buck and 1 standard rex doe. ;)

Chocolate is even harder to find in Standard Rex than mini Rex. I have an otter that carries chocolate, had two chocolate otter kits with her brother for her first surprise litter. Gave me a lilac otter for the second. Next breeding will be with the castor buck to see if I can get a decent amber.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm __________<br /><br />
MKirst":8ferj1lz said:
In those pictures they are just over 8 weeks old. I'll have to post new pictures for you because they change color week by week. So they don't look the same now as they did in those pictures.

Strange.

I'm kinda thinking some are otter now and not agouti. ;) I'm new to all this color guessing so I honestly don't know for sure. The only thing I do know for sure is 5 are female and 1 is male. LOL

Agouti change a lot as they age. What makes you think they are otter? Do they have rings in their fur?

Chocolate is a self color.If your lynx carries the recessive "a"gene it's possible to get chocolate by breeding to any other rabbit that carries:
"a"self
"b"brown
"D" dense
not opal.Opal and lynx are both dilute.
If you have a chocolate that would be the ideal breeding
But an amber that carries "a" self
or even a black that carries "b" brown can give you chocolate kits when bred to a genetic lynx
AabbC_dd
I

Latest posts

Back