Help! What colors could my babies be?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainViewRabbitry

Washington Rabbit Rescue
Reaction score
Okay so both parents are a holland lop. Sire is a broken black, who is out of a frosty and broken opal. Farther in his pedigree is Frosty, Tort, Broken Black, Broken Opal, Broken black, Orange, Opal and dark blue otter. The dam is a broken smoke pearl, Whos out of a broken blue and smoke pearl. Farther in her pedigree is broken orange, tort, sable point, smoke pearl, cream, broken tortise, tort, black, broken sable point, tort, sable point and smoke pearl. If you want to actully see the pedigrees let me know. Im trying to figure out both parents genotypes and what they could throw. From what we can tell she has 2 large babies. Due within the next few days. Ill take pictures when there dilivered. Hoping there all alive. its her third litter but my first. (Sorry for all the spelling errors im to tierd to go fix them today.)

Im not super knowledgeable about all the factors that go into impacting the offsprings color yet but my best guess from that information would be theres a good chance that at least one of the kits will be a broken black. You can post pictures of the newborn kits and I'm sure that the community will be able to help you identify the kits if you are unsure! Sometimes its hard to tell for a few days what color the kits will be.

Latest posts

Back