Help sexing kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, these four are a month old now and I have some guesses as to their sexes but this is my first litter and I don't trust myself to get it right first try. I had my sibling get some pictures of each kit and marked the pictures to match their temporary ear tattoos (just skin safe marker since they're so small still). Any help would be great. My guesses were = and o being male and x and : being female but I could be way off.

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
    IMG_4283.jpeg
    588.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    559.9 KB · Views: 0
I wait untill i need to know what is what at 8-10 weeks old, young ones are difficult to see. At 4 weeks they still need to be with the doe and are not fertile yet anyway.

Pictures look like 1,3,4 does, 2 buck.

Keep checking to learn and see if you haven't missed something, girls can look like boys if the parts don't show fully when still kits. And after also, part of a standard health check on your animals plus keeps them used to being handled.

Thank you both! Nutmeg seems to be very done with them so I was planning to move them to a grow out hutch in a week or so. I will definitely keep checking and I've been making sure to handle them every day. I'm hoping to keep a doe back as a future breeder.

At 4 weeks they'll be mobile enough to go everywhere the doe goes and pester her for milk. Doe is just insisting they transition to solid food, doesn't make them ready to live on their own, they are just learning boundaries (i.e. no) and their digestion is switching to solid food. Leave them with her untill 6 and preferred 8 weeks. It will save you a lot of risks with weaning entritis and such.

I agree
1- doe
2- buck
3- doe
4- doe
4 maybe a Buck. 1 of my bunnies from my litter I thought was a doe but as he got older I saw he was a Buck.

Alright, these four are a month old now and I have some guesses as to their sexes but this is my first litter and I don't trust myself to get it right first try. I had my sibling get some pictures of each kit and marked the pictures to match their temporary ear tattoos (just skin safe marker since they're so small still). Any help would be great. My guesses were = and o being male and x and : being female but I could be way off.
The first is a doe, the second I believe is a buck, the third a doe, and the fourth a doe. Are you sure they are four months old?

I breed bunnies, and I have gotten super good at sexing them. 1, 3, and 4 are does, 2 is a buck. I’m 100% sure.

Latest posts

Back