Help identify color

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mom is a giant chinchilla. Dad is a an albino American chinchilla x giant chinchilla. Mom is recessive for albinism but that's separate from actual coat color genes so idk what this is. It's way lighter than the other chinchilla colored kits.PXL_20210616_160503738.jpg

Looks black based to me

If it has a dark undercolor, or it was born dark, it's just a light chinchilla. might have a wideband gene. if it was born pink, it could be a ghost chinchilla. it's a recessive gene (non-extension) that runs in some american chinchilla lines.

Looks black based to me

If it has a dark undercolor, or it was born dark, it's just a light chinchilla. might have a wideband gene. if it was born pink, it could be a ghost chinchilla. it's a recessive gene (non-extension) that runs in some american chinchilla lines.
Thank you. Also, I just checked today and at least one of the white ones does not appear to have red eyes. The mother is a rescue. They said giant chinchilla and she looks it but could be a mutt. The dad is half giant chinchilla and half American chinchilla (from an American chinchilla breeder)

still looks like a chin, the white one that isn't white might be a frosty. I've never seen them completely fade out, sometimes they are just lighter chins.

still looks like a chin, the white one that isn't white might be a frosty. I've never seen them completely fade out, sometimes they are just lighter chins.
So we definitely have a blue/grey eyed white one. Could the light grey be hetero for Vienna?

Attachments

• PXL_20210625_135256976.jpg
    PXL_20210625_135256976.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
might be, depends what's behind. Some use dutch in lines and that's a different gene than vienna, and can cause weird eyes.

Latest posts

Back