HELP! Dog ate iron heating pack!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margali

Reaction score
My fiancée just called and said my dog ate a heating pack. It was one of the iron based ones that heat up when exposed to air.

He is calling the vet now to find out what to do. Has anyone's dog eaten one of these?! Were they okay? :cry:

Um depends on the type of iron, but long story short, call the vet or poison control, too much Iron will kill you, and probably a dog

I would be less worried about the iron itself, than the other chemicals that might be mixed in. Can you give us a list of the other ingredients?

:clap: vet looked up ingredient list. She would need to eat a whole box of them to get poisoned.

Since she scared me and went to the vet, she got all her shots a month early. :)

Thanks for oil tip but it came out by itself. Very obvious and she's still acting fine.

Actually, wrong type of iron compound- those packets would be like chowing down on filings

Ingredients in the packets I have here-- Iron, water, cellulose, vermiculite, activated carbon, and salt
Packet states 'non-toxic' 'environmentally friendly'and 'non-combustable.'
except for the salt, looks like compost material when used up--I wwoder....

Ha, my dog, when she was a puppy ate my cell phone SIM card, guess I should be happy she didn't eat the battery.

Latest posts

Back