Help! Doe just kindled 2 kits more are stuck!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainViewRabbitry

Washington Rabbit Rescue
Reaction score
help so my first time mom a True dwarf Holland lop has had 2 kits one in the nest box one on the wire. She didn’t pull any fur so I pulled for her and also used from a foster doe. the babies where both cold so I warmed them up slowly with a hair dryer. They seem to be doing better. its been at least 1 hour maybe more sence she delivered the 2. I think I feel 2 more left in her. I have her food water lavender and parsley but there not helping. Please help she’s my BIS rabbit!

Rabbits can take time to deliver. I had a doe deliver kits off and on through the night before. Hours with nothing and then suddenly, WHAM. Mors babies. Any update?

No new news. I gave her more calcium mixed with pedilight and let her run around. gave her some massages she just flops down in her cage.

Attachments

• 68419847753__0071FFCB-7295-4CF3-BA5F-FB7572C74AD9.MOV
    5.6 MB
If the kit's stuck then you should get her out and start slowly and gently pulling on it to get it out

Stop messing about with her. sometimes all a doe needs is some extended time to just be quiet and alone. The babies eventually come out or they end up mummified. This is the normal thing most of the time. Is there a chance you lose her? Yes, but it's not as high as you might think.

I've never lost one in 20 years of raising rabbits. I had one doe it took her three days to expel the stuck kit and the one behind was just fine (came out furred). I've heard of two being lost, and one of those cases was a bit odd (I just can't remember the details). One was just a very narrow doe who shouldn't have been bred in the first place.

Latest posts

Back