Hello, I'm new

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudberry

Reaction score
Hi, you can just call me Cloudberry.

I live between northern Alberta and ever-changing other lands (currently, southern Ontario). I don't own rabbits, and don't intend to anytime soon thanks to my nomadism, but someday maybe it could be nice.

Right now I have very little rabbit stuff to talk about, other than I find leporids adorable. During this past summer, I bonded with a snowshoe hare that lived underneath my cabin dwelling. They'd often come out and sit beside me during early mornings or evenings, nibble on clovers and yarrow. One morning, they CHOSE to rub up against my partner's back as we sat in the grass together, completely unprompted. Having these tiny interactions with wild ones can be very special and cool. I hope when I return to the cabin next spring, that hare might come out to greet us- but I've watched another animal friend, our resident pine marten, take another hare down before... so I know even if I never see them again, they will live on through other beings. I love all of them.

More about why I'm here-- I'm into traditional hide tanning (smoke/bark/peat tanning methods) and that's my main reason for seeking out a community centered on rabbit farming. I expect I will be hanging out in the fur section of the forum for the most part, but who knows what might happen in the future!

Thanks for reading!

Hello and welcome! I‘m sure you’ll find lots of useful knowledge on here. Love the idea of tanning hides traditionally. Good luck!

Hi, you can just call me Cloudberry.

I live between northern Alberta and ever-changing other lands (currently, southern Ontario). I don't own rabbits, and don't intend to anytime soon thanks to my nomadism, but someday maybe it could be nice.

Right now I have very little rabbit stuff to talk about, other than I find leporids adorable. During this past summer, I bonded with a snowshoe hare that lived underneath my cabin dwelling. They'd often come out and sit beside me during early mornings or evenings, nibble on clovers and yarrow. One morning, they CHOSE to rub up against my partner's back as we sat in the grass together, completely unprompted. Having these tiny interactions with wild ones can be very special and cool. I hope when I return to the cabin next spring, that hare might come out to greet us- but I've watched another animal friend, our resident pine marten, take another hare down before... so I know even if I never see them again, they will live on through other beings. I love all of them.

More about why I'm here-- I'm into traditional hide tanning (smoke/bark/peat tanning methods) and that's my main reason for seeking out a community centered on rabbit farming. I expect I will be hanging out in the fur section of the forum for the most part, but who knows what might happen in the future!

Thanks for reading!
Welcome to rabbit talk! I hope you find the community warm and welcoming, and get information you can use!

I've had similar experiences with Stellars Jay's and a chipmunk! I had a snowshoe that did like to follow me around the forest when I walked around my house at one time, but what an honor to have bonded with one! (Actually the thing that started me raising rabbits is a baby snowshoe the cat caught, she unfortunately didn't make it but that was amazing caring for her) anyway sorry for the ramble! That's amazing that you travel around! Enjoy your time here!

Back