Hello guys, I'm a new rabbit hobbyist i like to learn to learn a lot in breeding this animals.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babonjr45

Reaction score
Can you give me some info on Rabbit pathology specially on the issues on Hemorrhagic diseases? And how to deal with it the best solution not acquire such, is it viral or bacterial?

The disease comes from wild rabbits and it can sit on things that the contaminated rabbit touches, like grass. If you take the grass and give it to your rabbits, it will transfer to that rabbit.

Can you give me some info on Rabbit pathology specially on the issues on Hemorrhagic diseases? And how to deal with it the best solution not acquire such, is it viral or bacterial?
It's viral, from the Calicivirus family and it's tough! It can survive freezing, and also high temperatures. It's also resistant to a lot of common disinfectants. It can be airborne, spread by flies and biting insects, or come on on contaminated objects, on shoes, animals' feet, or spread by the feces of animals which have eaten an infected carcass.

Some good information here -
https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/infectious-disease/rabbit-haemorrhagic-disease

Latest posts

Back