Hello from Washington State!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrockfarm

Reaction score
Hello!
We are in North Central Washington.
We have had our rex rabbits for about 8 months now. We have 3 does and 2 bucks. I'd really like to learn all I can about them!
We also have goats, chickens, mini horses and LGDs.

yea our livestock guardian dogs. We have a pyrenees and an anatolian. We do have quite the crowd, and there is never a dull moment around here! :ROFLMAO:
That sounds fantastic. There's a wealth of knowledge here, so you're safe. LGDs? That must be a big crowd of livestock you got there. Welcome, and enjoy.

Welcome! I'm so glad @Nibbles asked what LGD is I was guessing in my head and it was getting weird 😊 I got to Lithuanian Gondola Ducks and gave up.

That is so funny, I have to ask- is that a real duck breed?! I can't find photos, but it sounds like there are Lithuania Gondola cruises and Lithuania duck tours... :)

That is so funny, I have to ask- is that a real duck breed?! I can't find photos, but it sounds like there are Lithuania Gondola cruises and Lithuania duck tours... :)
Oh yes very much so. They were developed by a P. R. Letts in around 1912. Mr Letts arrived in Lithuania from nearby Latvia as a refugee with little more than a small bag and two colourful ducks in a wooden crate.

These birds coincidentally carried the colours of the Lithuanian flag (red, green and gold) and formed the foundation of this rare breed. Letts was intent on breeding a long table bird and noticed that when afloat the ducks would naturally rock front to back like the famous gondolas of Venice. Hence the Lithuanian Gondolas duck was created.....

IN MY HEAD 🤣🤣🤣

Oh yes very much so. They were developed by a P. R. Letts in around 1912. Mr Letts arrived in Lithuania from nearby Latvia as a refugee with little more than a small bag and two colourful ducks in a wooden crate.

These birds coincidentally carried the colours of the Lithuanian flag (red, green and gold) and formed the foundation of this rare breed. Letts was intent on breeding a long table bird and noticed that when afloat the ducks would naturally rock front to back like the famous gondolas of Venice. Hence the Lithuanian Gondolas duck was created.....

IN MY HEAD 🤣🤣🤣
Beautiful story, Mr. Letts would be pleased.

Is it true??:LOL:

Hello!
We have had our rex rabbits for about 8 months now. We have 3 does and 2 bucks. I'd really like to learn all I can about them!
Welcome from the mid west side of Washington, it great to have a local here. If you want to know more about Rex I would suggest this website/person Raising Rabbits. Complete rabbit raising info and breeder support I got my Rex rabbits from her when I first started (i don't breed Rex anymore) they are also in Washington and are extremely knowledgeable. It is hard to contact them directly, but ther website is like google for rabbits anything you need it there.

IN MY HEAD 🤣🤣🤣

Hey, Albert! Did P. R. Letts make any bunny breeds? Hmm, guess it'd be hard to get red, green and gold ones so perhaps he made the new bunny breed after he moved to a country that had bunny colors on their flag?

Hello!
Welcome! A fellow Washatonian too! North Eastern.

Welcome from the mid west side of Washington, it great to have a local here. If you want to know more about Rex I would suggest this website/person Raising Rabbits. Complete rabbit raising info and breeder support I got my Rex rabbits from her when I first started (i don't breed Rex anymore) they are also in Washington and are extremely knowledgeable. It is hard to contact them directly, but ther website is like google for rabbits anything you need it there.
Thank you for the resources! I will definitely check them out.

Aloha BigRockFarm,

Rexes are nice buns, are you breeding them? For pets? For show? For the freezer?
We would like to use them for meat and fur but the ones we have now are pets.
We might do some 4h projects as well.

Welcome! A fellow Washatonian too! North Eastern.
Hello! We are in Okanogan County!

Thanks for the links!

Latest posts

Back