Hello from Gulf Coast MS

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVnomad

Reaction score
I have started raising Tamuks had first kindle with 11 kits everything going good so far. Look forward to gaining some knowledge here.

Welcome to TamaTalk. How long have you been into rabbits?

Had a grey French lop many many years ago(pet). Just started with the Tamuks (for meat) on my property just over a month ago. They are an addition the the 50 chickens and the honey bees I have.

Great, thanks. That's quite a good herd you got there. Are the chickens for eggs or meat as well?
I won't ask about honey bees for now.😊

11 for a first kindle is a great start! What is it about Tamuks that helped you choose them as the breed to raise?

Great, thanks. That's quite a good herd you got there. Are the chickens for eggs or meat as well?
I won't ask about honey bees for now.😊
Currently they are for eggs, at some point we will raise some for meat as well. Just figured start with the rabbits for now since they are easier to deal with after dispatch. I love watching my bees they are my Zen.

11 for a first kindle is a great start! What is it about Tamuks that helped you choose them as the breed to raise?
She had 12 lost 1 but all are doing well as of today. I did a lot of research and was concerned with the MS coast heat and humidity, Tamuks being raised to handle the heat better was a deciding factor and all that I read they are good weights, good mothers, and have large litters. I was able to pick them up fairly local so that helped to lol.

Currently they are for eggs, at some point we will raise some for meat as well. Just figured start with the rabbits for now since they are easier to deal with after dispatch. I love watching my bees they are my Zen.
That's wonderful. It must be nice to have them around. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back