Hello from East Tennessee!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madrull

Reaction score
Hello! I reside in the foothills of the smoky mountains in good ole east Tennessee! I currently run a very small operation of 1 buck and 2 does of American Blue's! They have been very prolific during the fall and winter, and I can't be happier with how well it's going! I've been on the search for more American's but with little to no luck, sadly. I started my adventure in April of 2022 and plan to expand my rabbitry with more of the same breed, or to add another if I cant source more. We also have a mixed flock of 29 chickens that produce us with the most beautiful eggs ever!

A little about my current set up; I have my two does currently residing in a 10x20 pen, with half of it covered. They kindle inside of sterilite totes and they are amazing mothers! I feed 16% protein Country Road feed, with a mixture of rabbit safe greens that I forage from my property, and a free fed timothy hay. My buck lives in a 30x30 cage so that I can have complete control over breeding and knowing when my does kindle. I plan on caging any rabbits I further acquire in 30x36 cages for does, and 30x30 for bucks. All my grow outs go into 2 foot by 6 foot hutches at 6 weeks of age, and are either sold or processed by 9-11 weeks of age.

I'm very excited to be apart of this community and to learn as much as I can. I continue to do as much research as I can to assure my rabbits have the best life possible, while they provide healthy farm fresh meat for my family and I :)

Thanks for reading!
Madison

Attachments

• baby american blue 2.jpg
    baby american blue 2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0
  • Baby american blue.jpg
    Baby american blue.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 0
  • baby american blues 3.jpg
    baby american blues 3.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 0