Hello from a bunny lady in indiana

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FudgeMomma23

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Kailyne ,mom of 3 boys, farm gal. I'm new to this online thing. I've owned 2 rabbits previous before this time. Had a Havana and another that wasn't sure of back in 2007. Got a new rabbit cause my oldest 2 kids, 14 and 10, wanted one( actually, it was me but convinced them they wanted one, hehe). We got a baby she was born may of this year and she's so big already for 4 months. Rural king said she wad a California rabbit but I think they were so wrong. Need advice on anything. Leaving a pic of Miss fudge for yea .
20230912_154606.jpg

That's what Google says and my 4h friends from school, but she's so big! Haha
Yeah, that's no Californian. Here's what they look like (there are no other colors or patterns in the breed):
Callie4-14-16.jpg
They don't always have that "smut" n the dewlap, but the points are always dark/colored and the eyes are pink.

I agree with @RabbitsOfTheCreek that Flemish Giant mix is a good guess. Steel, which is the name for the color of your rabbit, is common in Flemish Giants. The size of her ears and feet susggest a Flemish mix, too. Purebred Flemish often weigh more than 20lbs when they're full-grown, but a crossbreed probably won't get that big.

Here is a purebred Flemish Giant from the ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association) webpage Flemish Giant:
1694984916361.jpeg
And here is a steel Flemish from the web:
1694984824710.jpeg

She's looks like a lovely girl. when you pick her up does she feel lanky or more like she has some heft to her? Flemish at four months are like lanky juvenile cats, whereas a NZ mix will feel more like an 8 month old solid DSH tomcat that hasn't been neutered. (for a generic reference). :)

She's heft for sure. I think lol but lanky as well.
She's looks like a lovely girl. when you pick her up does she feel lanky or more like she has some heft to her? Flemish at four months are like lanky juvenile cats, whereas a NZ mix will feel more like an 8 month old solid DSH tomcat that hasn't been neutered. (for a generic reference). :)

Attachments

• 20230829_162023.jpg
    20230829_162023.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
That's what Google says and my 4h friends from school, but she's so big! Haha
Welcome to Rabbit Talk. You can find anything you want to know about rabbits here. She's not a Cali but she's a nice rabbit. Are you interested in breeding for meat? I like her coat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back