Hello fellow rabbit enthusiasts!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is TJ and I’m a lifelong rabbit lover, in addition to the horses, dogs, cats and chickens that call here home. We have a small family homestead on Long Island where we raise our animals and work on our 350+ year old home. I’m a former veterinary technician but am home full time now due to some health issues. It’s very likely been a blessing in disguise..
I recently adopted some rabbits and unbeknownst to me several are pregnant so they have become my current obsession. I’m trying to learn as much as I can about genetics and good husbandry. I have several decades of horse experience and hope that someday my rabbit knowledge comes close to the knowledge I’ve accumulated over the years with horses. Having them as pets isn’t the same thing as breeding for certain. I’m here to learn. Thanks for having me.
TJ

I'm an old horse gal myself and am new to rabbits. Buy good pellets, you probably have the grass hay. Build a fairly big nesting box and you are pretty much done. Using my rabbits for meat so the first time processing will be interesting. Lots of good videos on you tube on processing. Women make the best videos and seem to be the better processers.

I'm an old horse gal myself and am new to rabbits. Buy good pellets, you probably have the grass hay. Build a fairly big nesting box and you are pretty much done. Using my rabbits for meat so the first time processing will be interesting. Lots of good videos on you tube on processing. Women make the best videos and seem to be the better processers.
Hey Scooter! Check! Feels like a cake walk vs the physical labor required to install fencing and build the barn. The processing will be new to me too. I’m not quite there yet but they are growing fast and when the time comes I hope to do it right. I’ll be checking out videos for sure! Visual learning helps it stick. Are there any in particular that you could recommend?

Hey Scooter! Check! Feels like a cake walk vs the physical labor required to install fencing and build the barn. The processing will be new to me too. I’m not quite there yet but they are growing fast and when the time comes I hope to do it right. I’ll be checking out videos for sure! Visual learning helps it stick. Are there any in particular that you could recommend?
I'll work on those links tonight. I need to rewatch. Handyman is coming today to finish my second hutch. And yes, it is a cake walk! I didn't mind the hard work with horses but I don't miss it either.

I'll work on those links tonight. I need to rewatch. Handyman is coming today to finish my second hutch. And yes, it is a cake walk! I didn't mind the hard work with horses but I don't miss it either.
They sure are a lot of work! But I really enjoy it, usually. I took a few years off from them but they are back. It’s just in my blood. 😂
How did the hutch turn out?

Hutch turned out good. Looks better than first. Still need some stairs and little hiding houses because I have lots of room on top. My concern right now is getting greens going in the garden now that it's cooled. End of November will be it. I'm tempted to hydroponic during the winter for fresh greens. Hmmmmm

Latest posts

Back