Hello and a question about breeding programs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hblazer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a long time lurker, but not a poster! I have searched the forums, and cannot find what I'm looking for on here (probably because I'm not searching the right words!). I raise Netherland Dwarfs and am starting on Holland Lops. Does anyone have a good program they use to keep track of all of the breeding? I was going to start a spreadsheet but don't even know where to start! Is there a software program, or do you just use excel? If you use excel what do you document? I would appreciate any help or even links to other forums. Thanks a bunch! :)

We've been using 'Kintracks' for over a decade, it's been a really useful pedigree program. You can download it for free and add in quite a few animals before you have to give them money for a key to unlock the rest of the program. It's around $20 Australian, which is less in U.S. dollars, so I think it's an amazing value for how useful it is.

For me, being on an island and with limited genetics, the 'coefficient of inbreeding' button is just brilliant. I can put in two rabbit names and get a percentage of how inbred they are. You can track feed costs, rabbit sales, print out pedigrees, keep pictures of each bun, add in weights and health records, etc., etc.

Download Kintraks

Once you buy the program, upgrades are free. Oh, and if you have an 'older' computer, then the program is free although you'd have to check to see what is considered an 'older' computer. Possibly Win7 or something. But, at less than $20, it's inexpensive and has made a huge difference in raising rabbits. Or any other type of critter, it's not just for rabbits.

I'm not sure if it works on cellphones, though, since I've not tried that.

We've been using 'Kintracks' for over a decade, it's been a really useful pedigree program. You can download it for free and add in quite a few animals before you have to give them money for a key to unlock the rest of the program. It's around $20 Australian, which is less in U.S. dollars, so I think it's an amazing value for how useful it is.

For me, being on an island and with limited genetics, the 'coefficient of inbreeding' button is just brilliant. I can put in two rabbit names and get a percentage of how inbred they are. You can track feed costs, rabbit sales, print out pedigrees, keep pictures of each bun, add in weights and health records, etc., etc.

Download Kintraks

Once you buy the program, upgrades are free. Oh, and if you have an 'older' computer, then the program is free although you'd have to check to see what is considered an 'older' computer. Possibly Win7 or something. But, at less than $20, it's inexpensive and has made a huge difference in raising rabbits. Or any other type of critter, it's not just for rabbits.

I'm not sure if it works on cellphones, though, since I've not tried that.
thanks! I'll check it out!

Back