Head Tilted?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender

Reaction score
Hi all! I went and got my American Chins yesterday, 2 does and 2 bucks, they are so beautiful :D ! I noticed though when we brought them home yesterday that my one doe has her head slightly tilted to one side, and I am a little worried about that. She is eating great and drinking plenty, I have them in a bunny tractor (one for the boys and one for the girls). What can it be, is it serious? :(

Thanks for any anserws I really do apretiate it!

There is something called wry neck that causes that symptom, but there are a number of possible causes, some more serious than others. I would put that rabbit in isolation immediately until you can be sure what is happening.

The best site I know for information about wry neck is Barbi Brown's Bunnies. Here's the link to the wry neck section:
http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/ecuniculi.htm

Have you checked her ears for wax build-up? Excessive build-up or build-up too far down in the canal can also be one of the causes of head tilt.

Hi guys thank you for the replys! I looked inside both ears and they are very clean, my Husband said when they were in the box coming home my other doe was on top of her basically through the whole 3 hr drive, do you think her neck could be just sore from traveling?

give her some time and see. if the tilt worsens then treat with your choice of treatment. OR contact the breeder and say. 'hey I noticed this head tilt thing on the one doe. what's up with that? any ideas?"

Thank you ladysown, I think I will just wait and see how it goes, she is very alert,and seeming to be very healthy and active, it's just that slight head tilt :?

Back