Hay questions?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

rockyhillrabbits

Reaction score
If it's all you can find then I would just limit how much they get. Do you have an Orscheln's or Tractor Supply near you? I feed the compressed bales of timothy and my rabbits love it. I think it's $21 for 50lbs and it lasts my 11 rabbits 3 weeks.

Dar88

Reaction score
If it's all you can find then I would just limit how much they get. Do you have an Orscheln's or Tractor Supply near you? I feed the compressed bales of timothy and my rabbits love it. I think it's $21 for 50lbs and it lasts my 11 rabbits 3 weeks.
I didn't think of that I don't have either of those but I have a IFA and Cal Ranch which are both farm stores I can check them out thank you.

dlynn

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't think of that I don't have either of those but I have a IFA and Cal Ranch which are both farm stores I can check them out thank you.
I read hay grown for horses is good for rabbits. A local horse ranch sold me a bale for $4.and told me they will have it year round. The local feed store was out. Ask for feed hay. It smells good and fresh. I add in a little of my dried stuff(herbs, flowers, leaves) for variety.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
do you feed pellets? if so, are they timothy or alfalfa-based? If timothy you'll be fine.

If alfalfa, just watch what happens with your bunny pee. If it gets more white and chalky you'll need to switch to a pure grass hay. In the summer my rabbits get a fair bit of legumes and if I notice pee getting too white/chalky I cut back and they are just fine. :)

Latest posts