Has she just "bloomed"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwrabs

Reaction score
We bought a Creme d'Argent, 5 month old doe on March 2. She looked nice and healthy when we got her. We weighed her the next day and she weighed 6# 7oz. We thought she looked like she was gaining weight so on 3/21 we weighed her and she was 7#6oz. She was supposed to be an open doe. We didn't feel any babies. Now she looks really plump. We put in a nest box for her just in case. If she doesn't have anything, we will breed her this weekend.(WE DIDN'T BREED HER YET)
Just wondering if anyone else has had this? She is now 6 months old and we have had her 31 days. We have bought several rabbits from the same guy and are very happy with them all. Do the does just gain weight at about this age in preparation for breeding?<br /><br />__________ Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:07 pm __________<br /><br />Sorry, reread the post from earlier and had the wrong weights.

No worries anyway. We bred her tonight. NEVER MIND!!

Just like a rabbit to make me feel like a dummy :oops:

I do have a doe that is a very easy keeper-- it took a very long timer, but she suddenly 'filled out' and gained weight- long after I had given up on that ever happening-- so yes, your doe may have 'bloomed' as part of her maturation process...

Latest posts

Back