"Harliquinized Tort"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine9198

Reaction score
I've seen this off and on in my FB groups and I get confused.

As I've been reading in order for Harlequin to exist, it needs to have at least one dominant agouti modifier (A) in order to show itself as it overrides the tort gene. Therefore a "tort harli" cannot exist.

Then another website says it is possible for it to be aa eje, so I would like the veterans to answer this question.

Are there legitimate tort harli's out there or is that just misinformation? If so, is it only found in specific breeds?

harlequinized tort isn't a thing
torted harlequin, however, is very much a thing. Harlequins don't need an agouti modifier to show itself. A_ ejej, at_ ejej and aa ejej usually all show up as valid harlequins. Problems come in when you get eje, in aa eje the tort can start to show through on the orange parts of a harlequin, so in good harlequin lines people try to keep it A based to avoid the possibility of torted harlequins

harlequinized tort isn't a thing
torted harlequin, however, is very much a thing. Harlequins don't need an agouti modifier to show itself. A_ ejej, at_ ejej and aa ejej usually all show up as valid harlequins. Problems come in when you get eje, in aa eje the tort can start to show through on the orange parts of a harlequin, so in good harlequin lines people try to keep it A based to avoid the possibility of torted harlequins
Thank you so much!

Back