harlequin/new zealand

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually... that's only 1/2 pound different (if she would be 7.6). there are 16 oz in a pound. So she's just shy of 7 lbs. I've bred her to jack this morning. Hoping against hope to get magpies from her though Jack throws LOTS of jap and jap and more jap. :) AND he survived, I wasn't planning on using Old Jack on her but I had a loppy looking for a boy this morning and since I breed in pairs she was the only girlie up for it. And Jack hasn't stroked out on me though he slept ALL DAY LONG.

ladysown":2gitint1 said:
actually... that's only 1/2 pound different (if she would be 7.6).

Ahh, I write my weights the way my scale spits them out where behind the decimal is in tenths of a pound, not as pounds.ounces On my pedigrees, I usually put "#" and "oz", just to be clear since it's hard to tell immediately if you mean .5 as in 1/2 pound (as I do) or 5 ounces (as you do). :)

Best of luck with the magpies!

okay trying NOT to be confused here....

I do pounds/ounces...BUT many people don't. so when you wrote 7.6 I assumed you meant 7 lbs, 6 oz and not 7 lbs and 6 tenths of a pound which would be... 7 lbs, 9 1/2 oz (see I had to do the math!). So yeah, that's getting close to a lb difference....

Makes me wonder what the difference is in management.....

ladysown":dkp0whpq said:
Makes me wonder what the difference is in management.....

Possibly you feed more fresh food/hay/grass/etc? Most of mine get just pellets. "Special" rabbits get treats and weanlings get hay, but everyone else, and especially sale rabbits (these does were for Crystal) get just pellets because I don't know what the new owners will be feeding.

if you want to sell harlequin pedigree and show from time to time, the fastest way to get your herd until the weight standard is to buy a pair of harlequins, good size. If you try to exploit the intersection, you just set up at least three generations of non-presentable, without control of sales. I know Kevin, are pushing the upper end of the standard, the mines are in the range of 8 pounds and I can not imagine Sheelagh are very small and that all trading back and forth, so it is about Harlequins .

Latest posts

Back