Harlequin Finally Kindles

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krevis1

Reaction score
After losing her first liter ☹️ 12/10/21

I could tell she was a perfect doe! ❤️

Pulled a perfect amount of hair. Built her nest perfectly - although it was outside her cage (now her new hutch is built there)

And even paused her labor 12 hours ! just so she could have the rest of her litter in her nest.

Unfortunately we lost all 3 kits from 1st litter.

But I still knew she had all the potential when she started fostering a lone premature kit (from one of my H.Lops that had a mother doe too young)

(unfortunately that kit also passed away)

Well - Finally! - We have success with my harlequin 2nd litter!

4 HEALTHY KITS BORN ON 1/10/22 - and they’ve finally made it to the 3 day mark ! ALL STILL HEALTHY AND WELL

Appears to be 2 broken 1 cinnamon and 1 tricolor or harlequin - can’t quite tell colors 100% as I have not checked them other than to make sure alive - and make sure none one is left out of nest

I have not weighed them -(though I like to weigh all kits and keep good records) - As she is a new mother and is doing good on her own

I dont want to interfere

Will update true colors and health at 2 weeks ❤️

Attachments

• F666B8AB-2D5A-4DE2-89BF-4A4023CABAC5.jpeg
    F666B8AB-2D5A-4DE2-89BF-4A4023CABAC5.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 781DA2DE-789B-4682-AD9F-8A938D5B7B3D.jpeg
    781DA2DE-789B-4682-AD9F-8A938D5B7B3D.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 52CE13C4-24AC-431D-B116-B630779BA0E6.png
    52CE13C4-24AC-431D-B116-B630779BA0E6.png
    514.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 79B58264-FE7C-4D2B-AD5C-1019B1D2B4A6.png
    79B58264-FE7C-4D2B-AD5C-1019B1D2B4A6.png
    510.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 66A96DF3-702B-48CC-A48B-669672A58AA5.jpeg
    66A96DF3-702B-48CC-A48B-669672A58AA5.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
  • F031C651-F61B-41EC-95E8-B9BAD68D8B27.jpeg
    F031C651-F61B-41EC-95E8-B9BAD68D8B27.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Lol sorry about the quail eggs accidentally added that photo

edit : deleted photo but can’t figure out delete comment

Last edited:
I actually have a doe that is due on Saturday. She had a long, delayed delivery with her first litter and didn't have any live kits. She made a wonderful nest billowing with fur, though. Hopefully she'll have success with her second litter like yours did!

I actually have a doe that is due on Saturday. She had a long, delayed delivery with her first litter and didn't have any live kits. She made a wonderful nest billowing with fur, though. Hopefully she'll have success with her second litter like yours did!
Any babies yet? I hope so

Send more pictures:).
Absolutely when I take more. H.Lop kindles today - caught eating deformed kit outside of nest(not bad deformity just- not fully developed front leg-like a Nemo), anyways - hopefully he was dead before she ate him lol yikes - I wonder how that feels ?!? I know instinct or w.e. But that’s cause you have to do what you have to do - but we don’t always like it

I wonder if that was the same :( took out the top half and disposed so she didn’t have to continue ,

currently it’s 46 degrees here and she’s keeping the rest warm so I didn’t disturb right now will count tomorrow afternoon when it’s warmer

Easy? you got to be kiting me I will never be able to wait especially for kits.

I also have a doe that is pregnant but she was bred a week ago so I have to wait three weeks if all this traveling has not made her absorb them:(.
Awe I hope she delivers - never hurts to mate again if you want baby buns

but yes - my kids have given me allllll the patience I need for kits

Between kids animals plants , and every other hobby I have - I’m pretty busy - just check to make sure every one is wiggling and warm

counted H.lop babies today while it was warm - 6 live babies! (7 in total litter including the deformed one she half ate)

10 baby buns and not currently expecting more !

Harlequin is proving to be great new mom ! And quite protective ! Nipped me pretty good today (she hates my flem female - more than any other rabbit - must have thought I was her on other side of tunnel )
Yes! My doe redeemed herself! :) She had 9 kits this morning. All of them are alive this time. Our second doe had 8, but I didn't get any pics of hers yet. Here are a couple pics of the first doe's kits:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View attachment 28736

View attachment 28735

View attachment 28734
their gorgeous!! Perfect size babies and liter! Congrats!!!
Yes! My doe redeemed herself! :) She had 9 kits this morning. All of them are alive this time. Our second doe had 8, but I didn't get any pics of hers yet. Here are a couple pics of the first doe's kits:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View attachment 28736

View attachment 28735

View attachment 28734

Awe I hope she delivers - never hurts to mate again if you want baby buns

but yes - my kids have given me allllll the patience I need for kits

Between kids animals plants , and every other hobby I have - I’m pretty busy - just check to make sure every one is wiggling and warm

counted H.lop babies today while it was warm - 6 live babies! (7 in total litter including the deformed one she half ate)

10 baby buns and not currently expecting more !

Harlequin is proving to be great new mom ! And quite protective ! Nipped me pretty good today (she hates my flem female - more than any other rabbit - must have thought I was her on other side of tunnel )

their gorgeous!! Perfect size babies and liter! Congrats!!!

Lots of kits! That's great! I look forward to your 2 week pics!

Latest posts

Back