Had 4 NZ die in the past month

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogiabuzzards

Reaction score
Bought 4 NZ does about 3 months ago they were 5-6 months upon purchase same litter. I have a colony style pens with 4 does and a buck in each. Have 12 rabbits in all only 4 are NZ the first laid down all day and the next day was dead this was about a month ago. The 2nd did the same thing a week later. Then 2 weeks later had another then yesterday the last one in the litter died. No other signs no other rabbits acting funny just one day not wanna to move around much next day gone. Wondering what it is if it’s breed specific or just something to do with that litter. Also have 2 litters of kits and they are healthy. Any advice or help would be appreciated

You should have cut them open and examined them, taken pictures and posted them. The only thing I can assume from you lack of information is that the rabbits were healthy enough to live at least 2 months after you got them. You might want to ask the person who you bought from to give you some ideas.

I was leaning toward internal parasite ( they’ve all had wormer which I know doesn’t treat everything) and all 4 were healthy looking and closing in on being a year old. I have brand new litters and older rabbits which you would think the most week would be infected first. I’m just worried for the other ones and wanting to know if there are preventative measures (besides cleaning out everything more frequently) I can take if it is something like coccidia.

Latest posts

Back