Guinea pig Care

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuftles":2tlas1w1 said:
My hope is to one day have a homestead.
I live in Ireland so land isn't hard to come by, it's just the money I need.
I'm young still and the world is my oyster, I just need some time to start exercising and start my own business!

I lived in Ireland for 14 years and my three kids were all born in Mullingar. You are a HUGE step up when raising livestock because your grass is very very good.

Florida grass is about as good as feeding air. :evil:

GBov":1rz90yor said:
Tuftles":1rz90yor said:
My hope is to one day have a homestead.
I live in Ireland so land isn't hard to come by, it's just the money I need.
I'm young still and the world is my oyster, I just need some time to start exercising and start my own business!

I lived in Ireland for 14 years and my three kids were all born in Mullingar. You are a HUGE step up when raising livestock because your grass is very very good.

Florida grass is about as good as feeding air. :evil:

Yeah, we also don't have as many predators and good organic meat is usually cheaper than in America because Ireland is heavily underpopulated and we have lots of agricultural background. We're about half the size of the UK with only 4.5 million people compared to their 60+ million. We have a lot more land, better land and itty bitty roads :lol:

Tuftles":20b8ehgs said:
GBov":20b8ehgs said:
OMG I seriously do NOT miss the itty bitty roads!!! :shock:
I've lived in Ireland my whole life and I love the itty bitty roads :lol: ! We even have motorways now XD

Coming round a bend to find a truck in my lane because the road was only wide enough for one of us is something I do not miss.

I miss the food, the countryside, the people but not the driving.

At least we finally have motorways that can fit one American car in each direction now! :lol:
Also, Ireland is a gorgeous place to drive around, the back roads are gorgeous and scenic!

I wound up TWICE on the Ring of Kerry on accident when we moved down to Caherlevoy and oh my GOD!!! for a scaredy cat driver it was a terrible thing to manage to do. The guard rail was three blades of grass and a sheep saying don't look down! :shock:

Stunning stunning stunningly beautiful country, I miss much about it.

:idea:
GBov":i95mqed2 said:
I wound up TWICE on the Ring of Kerry on accident when we moved down to Caherlevoy and oh my GOD!!! for a scaredy cat driver it was a terrible thing to manage to do. The guard rail was three blades of grass and a sheep saying don't look down! :shock:

Oh goodness, getting lost is fun.
I could never live in America because I've been spoilt by Ireland's clean air and gorgeous scenery, I'm content where I am. :lol:

Tuftles":ivsnzexr said:
:idea:
GBov":ivsnzexr said:

Oh goodness, getting lost is fun.
I could never live in America because I've been spoilt by Ireland's clean air and gorgeous scenery, I'm content where I am. :lol:

Ireland is a good country to be content in. We are stuck - loooong story :evil: - in Florida for the next five years and then we will be free to move back to the UK. North Yorkshire. It too is very pretty with the added fun of family.

Tuftles":18ut3q6z said:
The roads are almost as itty bitty as Ireland :lol:

:lol: True, but they have busses so at least I can just close my eyes and let the driver do the job. :lol:

Tuftles":312a73h5 said:
I think my brother finds it bizarre because I love animals so much yet I talk about how much I want to raise, kill and eat rabbits to lessen my reliance on factory farming. I may be an omnivore who can't give up meat but that doesn't mean I can't be a smart omnivore and make sure at least some of my meat has a happy, contented life before lights out :)
GBov":312a73h5 said:
You, my dear, are a TRUE animal lover! One who CARES about how they are raised, lived and were dispatched.

People who say they love animals and yet do not seem to even notice how they are handled in our world today, they are falsely labeling themselves.

And honestly, don' let me start on vegans or peta!

I started THIS THREAD for a discussion based around a homesteaders video I found on YouTube. The video addresses how she thinks about meat and how she deals with it. She talks about how her way is different than the majority of people in the west deal (or don't deal) with it today. She touches on killing meat for herself and whether she should personally go vegetarian.

ps. Sorry for the click batey title, somehow it seems appropriate.

Back