Guess I'm out of the breeding game

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat872

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Two misses for Annabelle (with 2 covers the first time and 4 covers the second time). :(

I am actually suspecting that my buck might be sterile (which would just take the cake after all the money I spent on his surgery, etc). Unfortunately, there are no other English Angora rabbits in the province for me to get more and do any other testing and I'm not that committed to starting a breeding program (right now) to work at transporting them in. It took me months to find these two and they both came from people who were closing up shop.

Was really hopeful for my chocolate line and now it looks like I'll just have to be happy with my woolers.

Are you on Facebook? On one of my rabbit groups there is another person from Edmonton looking today. There are also people traveling and willing to bring back stock. It CAN'T be over that easily! <br /><br /> -- Sat May 30, 2015 10:46 am -- <br /><br /> I am also on another forum where kits are being advertised in Vancouver. The Facbook page has a ride offered from the coast. And one from the U.S.

Hope you find the stock you're looking for, Kat. In the meantime, you could try Annabelle with any other buck - not necessarily an angora - to find out if your current buck is sterile.

I am on Facebook, but I haven't seen those posts. Which groups? The only one I've seen listed was a REW in Vancouver, but that's not what I'm looking for.

I'm going to be away for 10 days in July, so don't want to try her again right now because the timing would not be very good. I'll be waiting until Fall to try again (if I decide to).

Luckily they both have gorgeous wool, so I don't feel like it's been a total loss.

Can you test bed her to another buck? Maybe a meatbuck? The kids wouldn't be Angoras but at least you'd know if it was her or the buck.

If she does take and have kits you could keep a male to breed back to the doe.

Kat872":1gkzzn16 said:
I am on Facebook, but I haven't seen those posts. Which groups? The only one I've seen listed was a REW in Vancouver, but that's not what I'm looking for.

I'm going to be away for 10 days in July, so don't want to try her again right now because the timing would not be very good. I'll be waiting until Fall to try again (if I decide to).

Luckily they both have gorgeous wool, so I don't feel like it's been a total loss.

Kat, PM your Facebook name to me. There is a lady up in Edmonton with kits for sale and one in Vancouver. I will get you on to a secret group, and give you info on a forum where you can make some contacts.

Kat872":3uivp7s7 said:
Unfortunately, I don't have another buck I can test with. I only have the two angoras and two doe lionheads at the moment.

I have a friend in Calgary with a proven red Satin who may be willing to help you out with a breeding.

I'll hold off on that - she's been showing a bit of damp fur under her nose the past few days. If she's got some respiratory thing happening I don't want to spread it!!

Latest posts

Back