Grow out space.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxine

Reaction score
Wondering what size of a cage is sufficient for growing out buns. I have Licorice's 6 in a cage, they are 8 weeks. If I remember correctly it's 42"x24".

At what age do you butcher? It should be fine for the moment, but it might not be big enough in a couple of weeks. Some people butcher the largest and/or male rabbits to make space and grow the others on for a bit to ease the pressure on cage space.

Mine are 3'x8'. I have 2 of them, one for female and the other for male. I tend to go overboard sometimes though so it might be to big.

Not sure what age yet. This is our first batch. I'm hoping to be able to butcher them in 3 weeks. I haven't weighed them yet to see if they are close to 5#'s.

That sounds like a good size ... now, build a second one that size so you can seperate bucks and does, and you should be good to go LOL

Well, it's actually two compartments that size. My issue now is that I want to move both my nursing does into those bigger slots and my first 6 aren't ready to butcher. I guess I could split them up into the does 24"x30" cages while they finish growing out.

Latest posts

Back