Greetings from Florida

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ablebreeze

Reaction score
Hi
I've been researching lots about rabbits and keep finding answers here, so I thought I should join.

We started raising rabbits about 20 years ago with "Mitten," Glove", & "Hat." They were mutts we bought at the auction. We were learning, so it was OK. I don't remember exactly what happened to them, but we decided we weren't ready.

A few years later we started again, but more seriously,. I think we had NZ whites mostly. We did pretty well until a "friend" brought her dog over and the dog stripped the flesh off every rabbit's toes from under the cages. Not knowing what else to do, we butchered them all and stopped.

Now 10 years later we're starting again with TAMUKs and a lot more knowledge.

We're in North Florida, so heat is a concern March- October, but we get nice weather October-early March.

Thank you to all who have posted answers in the past!
I look forward to hearing more and contributing what I can.
Tami

We pick up our first 8 wk old trio tomorrow and a pair on Saturday.

We spent the weekend refurbishing/repairing and moving cages. I'm surprised how well they've held up. It's been about 10 years. But we made the frames from an old library periodical shelving unit. The metal is still quite solid. (we it bought for $1 at a surplus auction)

Latest posts

Back