Greetings from Borneo!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

migster

Reaction score
Hello, friendly rabbit people! :)

I've had rabbits for 11 years but have only recently started a breeding program for my Holland Lops. I have also just begun my journey into the fascinating world of rabbit genetics. Looking forward to learning all I can from this community, and getting to know fellow HL breeders.

I stumbled onto this forum while searching for "stuck rabbit vent". I have a 22-day-old blue Holland Lop kit with a very swollen vent due to crusted poop. I gently cleaned her out and will be closely monitoring her health for the next 48 hours. She seems to be doing fine so far. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Mel

they normally heal up quickly. Sometimes, if they run a bit of infection if you drop a single drop of penicillin on it, clears it right up. :)

Thanks for the advice! Now to source for penicillin, not sure if I can get that in a liquid form here. Will drop by the chemist's tomorrow.

The "blockage" happened again twice. Thankfully I was watching her closely and managed to clean her up before it became a major issue. This kit is a singleton, and on the chubby end of the scale. Could this be the reason this is happening, i.e. the kit is unable to clean herself due to mobility issues?

Thanks for the advice! Now to source for penicillin, not sure if I can get that in a liquid form here. Will drop by the chemist's tomorrow.

The "blockage" happened again twice. Thankfully I was watching her closely and managed to clean her up before it became a major issue. This kit is a singleton, and on the chubby end of the scale. Could this be the reason this is happening, i.e. the kit is unable to clean herself due to mobility issues?
is there a solid surface the kit is sitting on? If so, remove it. it will help guaranteed!

Latest posts

Back