Got me some NZW Breeders!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have raised "Meat Rabbits" several times, I think this may be my 3rd time. I love Fried Rabbit, with homemade biscuits,fried Potatoes and homemade milk gravy, YEEEE HAWWW!!
So, a friend and I had heard about a breeder, down close to Heflin, Alabama, "Crossroads Rabbitry", he only raises Commercial NZ Whites. So, we traveled about 250 miles round trip to get us some Quality NZ Breeders.
I got 3 Does and a Buck and my friend got him a Trio, his Rabbits were Beautiful and meaty, ours were 12 weeks old.

I am getting so ready, to breed these Rabbits, I think, I will wait until they are 6 months old..I was very lucky that I kept my cages after raising Quail....I will keep y'all Informed and maybe some photos tomorrow! I am in no way connected to this Rabbitry, or the man that owns it, just so you know, but he is a very nice gentleman and knows Rabbits!

....Frank : )

http://www.crossroadsrabbitry.com/

Wow, that's great that you were able to get some good NZWs! Looking forward to seeing some pix!

You can wait until they are 6 months old, but you can start trying to breed them as early as 14 weeks. They probably won't be ready yet, but they might be by 16 - 20. A number of breeders have found that if you start them young, they are often better mothers than does started later.

Latest posts

Back