Gene Modifier ?s

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rittert3

Reaction score
I've got a Chestnut agouti buck out of a Black Frosted Doe and GT Black Steel Buck that I plan to breed to my ST Black Steel Doe out of 2 Chestnuts. I was wonder in how the (chl) and (chd) modifiers would interact and if the e(s) gene would play a roll as well? Could these 2 through some unique colors? I can figure out 3 out of 4 possible genotypes it's hunting for what they are that stops me up. These are mini lops BTW.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:40 pm __________<br /><br />Also wanted to see if anyone knew whick of the C modifiers were dominate over which.

The c genes go C-full color, chd-chinchilla/dark chinchilla, chl-sable/light chinchilla, ch-himalayan/californian/pointed white, c-red eyed white. Unless the other rabbit carries one of the last 4 you won't see anything interesting. Just full color rabbits. You will get a lot of steel. Possibly only steel.

ok that works, I've only seen Ches., Black, and a questionable opal color (looks like it might be a version of steel) in my kits so far.

__________ Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:11 pm __________

Also most of my rabbits are broke although this pair are both solid out of broken to solid breedings.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:02 pm __________<br /><br />As Fars as I can tell they will throw GT&ST Black Steel and probably some Ches.

Latest posts

Back